Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Thank You and Best Wishes

Siebel Business Analytics Family,

It is with a heavy heart that I share with you the news that we were not able to come to a mutually acceptable go-forward role and position for me with Oracle Corporation. Given that management preferred a short transition period (which I understand and respect), Charles Phillips has on an interim basis taken over responsibility for the analytics organization and those who were reporting to me (with those of you in the BI/Analytics development areas having already been moved into Thomas Kurian’s organization as previously communicated by Oracle).

So where do I begin? Well let me start by saying that I am unable to adequately communicate the depth of my respect, admiration and appreciation for the talent and quality of all on the Siebel Business Analytics (and before that nQuire) team -- and how grateful I am to everyone for all of your hard work and your level of commitment. It has truly been my privilege to work with all of you, and an honor to lead such a great team. We have accomplished some pretty amazing things, and I am very proud of what we have been able to achieve together. I hope you to are proud – and that you realize what a special “run” we’ve had together.

While many great things have been accomplished to date, you should know that I expect to see even greater things from all of you in the future. I genuinely believe that Oracle is a great company, and that this represents just a tremendous opportunity for the BI/Analytics business and those on this team. I wish all of you, everyone at Siebel, and all at Oracle nothing but success going forward. While I am unable to join you in this next leg of the journey -- and I’ll deeply miss being part of this special group -- I will always remain your #1 fan and biggest supporter.

Thank you very much for all that you have done to provide me with the incredible experience of the past nine years since our quest began -- and for wonderful memories that I will carry with me forever.

If there is ever anything I can do to help you in any way, please let me know.


Best Wishes,
Larry Barbetta
Larry_barbetta@yahoo.com
(952) 200-6500 (cell)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home